Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Days 13, 14 and 15

Day 13(20th July)

Mornings as usual. XD
Lazy to write about the daily routine.

About 10am-ish I go to Uni to get my textbooks. I get one of them at the secondhand bookshop, for the other 3 I had to buy new textbooks, which set me back about 200 odd AUD. Quite a bundle, just for 3 books. But... I suppose at the end of the semester I can sell them off and get back about 50-75% of the money(hopefully?)

I meet Fiona in Uni, and we actually go to the bookshop together. After we're done(or rather after I'm done), Fiona is actually still agonizing on whether she should buy the textbooks or not because it costs so much.

After that we go out together, because I wanted to explore Fortitude Valley(CHINATOWN!) and Fiona wanted to just tag along because she had nothing to do.

So, a short 5-10 minute walk and another 3-5 minute bus ride later, we're at Chinatown.
First, we stop at Yuen's Market, a little asian specialty grocery that carries stuff from Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Japan, and China. Oh, and some Indian food and spices as well. I wanna buy some bak kut teh packets!!! And I did. Also got some kei chi and hoong chou as well. So... Bak Kut Teh anyone? All I need now is the meat.

Oh... and a rice pot. XD (Wondering if I should buy one. Let me know what you guys think, try the poll app on the top...)

So basically that's it for the food hunt. We walk around a bit... and even go into a quaint secondhand/pawn shop. I see a pretty good guitar for 145AUD, wonder if I should get that, or if I should borrow/bring from home...

Really really miss playing guitar(in the house)/piano(on sundays)

And that's all the interesting things I did on Monday.




Day 14(21st July)

Woke up at 8am, and got ready for class. But... catch was... I couldn't shower. The water was absolutely freezing. So I just washed my face and brushed me teeth. I figured that I could take a bath when I come back, it's only 2 hours after all.

10am class, INB 351 with Dr. Hasmukh Morarji. The subject sounds...
really...
really...
really...
really...
really...

INTIMIDATING/SCARY/CHALLENGING/YOU GET THE PICTURE ALREADY...


At the end of the class, I'm really anxious, like, "Is this really what I want to do?"

But maybe, that was his plan, to shake people up... I dunno really @.@

So when I get home, I prepare for the PRAC-tical session tomorrow as best as I can. Reading up and trying some of the Linux commands on Cygwin(Linux Emulator that I downloaded)

Hopefully it won't be that hard tomorrow...




Day 15(22th July)

I wake up at 8am-ish... can't really sleep anymore after the sun rose at around 5am... Also, felt kinda nervous about the PRAC session. One of the reasons why is because I wasn't sure that I would be able to get in. My class allocations were screwy as a result of timetable clash with INB251 on Friday. I emailed Dr. Hasmukh and he said, "just go anyway, and ask the tutor if there's place."

So, I figure... if I go early, I should be able to get me a spot even before the tutor arrives. EUREKA!

I get there at around 1130am. Plenty of space. So I take one. XD

The tutor comes and I ask him if I can sit in even tho' I'm not allocated. He said sure, as I already asked Dr. H about it and I have a reason for not allocating a different time.

So I get started on the thing. The Lab Comp was running Ubuntu(sorta Linux OS type of thing) . I get cracking on the excercises, and I find that it isn't really that difficult... yet. XD

It's kinda like a more technical version of the DOS CLI.

Of course this is just an introduction to the OS and the real nasty difficult stuff hasn't come out of the closet yet.

So, after completing the excercise, I leave. Wait for an hour... and go for the next class.
This time, it's MATH!!!

Yea, I know... MATH... AGAIN... But it's a basic foundation for crypto...


I meet Kev, a guy from Hong Kong, doing Masters of Mathematical Science. Hefty stuff.

The lecturer for MATH was a guy named Ross Cuthbert. He has a PHD but he doesn't call himself a Dr.

Mr. Cuthbert really reminds me of someone... I KNOW!!!
He reminds me of Uncle(Granduncle really...) Tony!

The way he speaks, acts, etc. etc. really really really really reminds me of Unc. Tony. He used to be a High School teacher too! Teaching Math and Science, it was... I think. XD

He's a nice guy.

Now, enough about the lecturer, the subject seemed a bit... easy...
almost like Form 3 mathematics... But I won't let my guard down... those monster math problems will show up and bite my arse sooner or later...

Finished classes for today. Tomorrow I have another Math Lecture and the first lecture of INB350. Tutorials and Workshops don't start until next week, so my Thursday morning is pretty free. Thank God too... I'm feeling tired and I'm going to sleep in tomorrow.


So I'll end my post here.
Cheers! (Don't forget to poll!)

1 comment:

  1. Buy the rice cooker. Perhaps a secondhand one if you can find one?
    Guitar? Get the one from home cause it's waiting for you anyway.

    ReplyDelete