Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 4

Day 4 (11th July)

Ah... As I wake up I realise something... Its warmer today. Maybe its just today, but I can finally go out without wearing a coat. XD

So, after a breakfast of egg and bread with ham(results of grocery shopping yesterday), I go out and try and check with MECU(the bank) to get something called a SWIFT code... But, as I arrive there, there's nobody in. Bank doesn't open on weekends, something I should remember.

So, with nothing else to do, and Tim busy... I decide to head into the city, to see whether I can do that on a weekend. I go to the busway, that is like a bus station on Kelvin Grove QUT campus and take a bus to the cultural center.

Okay. the cultural center is just across Victoria Bridge as you should probably be able to see from this placemap(Look at the Balloon with the words, You are here. That's the Cultural Center Bus Stop):

So I walk up the pedestrian crossing so I can see stuff better and this is what I see:

Asma wanted more pictures of Brisbane, so this next one is for her actually. Hope you enjoy it Asma!!!

It's a bit blurred I know. I took this using my handphone camera. So sue me for the low megapixel rate. I wish I had a digital SLR, but they cost a bundle.

Here's the last scenery picture I took. I took this on the Victoria Bridge, and there were a lot of passersby, so I was forced to dodge them, and that's why its a bit more blurred than usual.


So now that I've pretty much got my bearings, I look around the CC and find that its the place where all the museums and art galleries and theaters are. Strangely enough, there is a place called the Ng House that's just opposite the bus stop. A chinese restaurant perhaps? LOL

I go back across Victoria Bridge and surprise surprise, find myself very near Queens St. Mall. I hear the sound of music so I go and see whats up. I found a nice singer/guitarist guy doing his thing. He's pretty good. Putting up his own CDs under an Independent Label. I sit on a bench nearby for several minutes just to listen and I took just one photo. Here it is:


I remember I have to get my headset for voice-chat so I head down to Harvey Norman to check it out. Outside, I meet... this guy:

Familiar? He should be. It's Charlie Chaplin(albeit with an off-center moustache)!!!
He's one of those street performers who act as statues, here's a photo of him standing so still.... I mean I can almost believe he's a statue...

After getting a few laughs from his antics, I go get my headset. Cost me 26.00.

After that I go home, I must have walked like 2-3 kilometers today, so my feet are pretty sore.
I catch the bus from Kings Square Bus Station and get back to CLV. But, on the way to rest pooor footsies, I spy with my little eye, a strange black and white bird. There are actually two specimens, but I dunno what these birds are. I upload the pictures so someone can actually tell me what birds these 2 are.


So I reach home. It's an uneventful evening. So I go to bed now. Tata! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment