Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 5

Day 5 - (12th July)

I wake up in the morning and its about 10am... XD Slept in again. One of the perks of not having family to wake you up.

So I do my regular stuff... Wash up, have a bath and go make breakfast. Egg and Toast with Ham. Ooookay, Toast is an overestimate. It's really just a bun, pressed in a sandwich presser and buttered. Would you like if I take a photo next time? (Leave comments on what you think later) XD

So, after I eat, I turn on my Laptop to check mail and Facebook and stuff. Chatted with some of you guys on MSN, that kind of thing. So then, I go out on the town for some grocery shopping/lunch.

I go get some detergent at Woolie's, cos I might be doing some laundry on Thursday or something. Still haven't got an Iron yet. Or an Ironing Board.... So, while I was out on the town, I might as well take some pictures for you to see. Not much, because I kept to the center area where all the shops and businesses and food(most especially food) is. XD

QUT Institute of Health and something-or-other


Kelvin Grove Medical Center(Run by QUT)


Thai food/Vietnamese food/Sushi bar


Village Center Art Piece


Walk to Woolworth's and Shops


You know that place where I ate dinner on Friday? Yeah. I went back to find out. It’s called Carraway Pier Restaurant… Maybe because its on Caraway Road. XD


Oh, and that place that I had lunch with Tim + Jo + Justin? It's a cosy bar called Chiasso.


So I then go home… Do some surfing… XD

Before I know it, Tim knocks on my door. It’s time for church. We take Jo’s car… About 5 to 10 minutes later we’re in church. It’s Brisbane City Church. I hear from Jo that it’s part of AOG… XD

Here's a couple of photo's I took.



In the service, I feel, that in the presence of God, wherever I may be, He is there, and I’m home…

Its funny, the worship leader quoted a verse from the bible that really encouraged me. It’s been 5 days already, here in Brisbane, and homesickness is starting to set in a little now.

The verse was:

“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come;

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Romans 8:38-39

Amen and Amen. No matter where I travel, no matter what time it is, no matter what I face, I know that God will always be there with me.



We leave at around 8.40pm. And head for dinner. We feed the soul… Now we feed the body! XD

Yay!

Ate dinner at a place called the Red Rooster. It’s like a fast food store which serves roasted chicken. I’ll include a picture, the next time I pass by the neighbourhood. Like I said, anyone want a picture of anything, please leave a comment or something. I’ll do my best to get it.

So after dinner, we go home. Watched a TV program with Jo and Tim tonight. It was called Castle, I’ll include a poster or something below…


So I’m off to bed, after posting this, and after I get the intercampus shuttle bus time. Have to go early tomorrow. Probably be eating a cuppa instant noodles tomorrow morning. That’s how rushed my time is tomorrow, no time for Toast and Butter and Milo. Goodnight then.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment