Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 2

Day 2 (9th July 2009)

Woke up... Still feeling a little tired and stuff, wish I could've slept a little more. I guess I wasn't really recovered from flight and new environment. =.=

Oh, and I was really cold too. Slipped my mind. I mean... how could a cold that seeps upwards from your toes and sets its teeth into your bones slip my mind. I must be really really tired...

So... Man is cold. No heater in Man's room. Therefore the logical conclusion is Man should go and get a heater! Simple logic right?

I get up and get a shower. Almost horrifying actually, since when I turn the tap on, the water is still freezing. So with my teeth chattering I scrub and shampoo my way to cleanliness and good hygiene. It got gradually hotter as I washed.

After my shower and cup of hot noodles, I went out to the bank to give my room number to Vicki(Bank teller from Day 1). She needed it for my address thingie at the bank. And after that I went to the bus stop to catch the intercampus shuttle to Gardens Point(My actual campus)

At the stop, I met an Australian guy and his Korean girlfriend(I think.) The guy was like talking about football(australian football - which is kinda like rugby) and the girl was going, "Uh huh, would you like a Mandarin orange dear?"

So got on the bus after that, and after a short period arrived at Garden's Point. My first impression on going into the place was.... ITS HUGE!!!!! I mean, its pretty big... Took me 4 minutes to walk down the long driveway down to Block X, which was the International Student Services building. So I went in to check things out.

Nothing much was going on there so I head back out to the main corridor,(Forgot to take pictures, bear with me until I get them taken when I next go to GP campus)

Went to the Student Guild thing. I discovered they have Subway(c) on campus. XD
Bought an Australian Handphone thingie... my Aussie number is from Yes Optus. 0431687820

So after I did that I went down to Block S(IT, Science and Engineering Building) where I went to look for my course coordinator. After some searching, I found out that the guy was on leave. So I could see the Acting CCoordinator at around 2pm. Great! I needed to go and attend a Discover Brisbane Session Anyways.

So back to Block X, about a good 2-3minutes walk away. (Gosh, I seem to be doing a lot of walking now. Yay me!) Luckily I found sort of a shortcut and a straight line route between the Faculty of Law and another building I guess.

Attended the Discover Brisbane thingie, and met some new friends. Ting Juan(Sabah), Aunhild(Norway), Jess(Singapore) and Taka(Japan).

Taka lives in CLV nearby me actually(West Tower room 350). So it was pretty good. We could eventually meet up and stuff. Always good to have a friend.

So after that... Me and Taka went back to see the CCoordinator(Taka's taking IT as well). So we did that, I signed some forms for Advanced Standing, got a little talk about exemptions and choosing subjects from a Mr. Michael(dunno his last name, very abrupt and brusque fellow). And helped Taka get his student ID.

After we got done with that, it was to the Mall for us, as Taka had to get some banking done and I had to get my ice-cold hands on a heater. We seperated at Queens St. and I went looking for Harvey Norman.

Gosh! The mall was pretty packed. Its nothing like Queensbay for instance. Its totally jam packed with people. Pretty bustling and what not. Street performers, saw a guy juggling 4 knives and a helmet on top of a 10 foot thingie with a single wheel(monocycle or something?) and a couple of buskers(street musicians, a saxophone player and a small group that included guitar, fiddle, cello and bass).

And the sheer amount of nationalities there! Let me tell you, I saw Germans, Chinese, Korean, Africans, Japanese, Arabian, Australian, British, etc. etc. And all the languages spoken...

Imagine, Chinese and German coming at you from two different directions. That's an experience. Your head starts to pound and you're thinking in several different languages at once. XD

So I eventually got to HN and spent about 5 minutes navigating the escalators up to HN. It wasn't really all that high or tall, just that it was a bit confusing, the way the escalators were placed.

K... got help from a pretty lady named... what was it again? Charlotte I think... or so it says on my invoice. Got about 20AUD cheaper on a heater. I paid 40 dollars, and it was supposed to be 59.95AUD.

So after I did all that, I was hungry... had nothing to eat since a cup of instant noodles at around 9 in the morning and it was like 4pm. So... I stalked my prey for a while and finally cast my hunting atlatl at a passing animal that was named.... S-u-b-w-a-y. XD

Had a meal for 7AUD(6.95 actually but I rounded it up). Twas cheaper than regular because I get a student discount for showing my ID. If not it would've cost around 10AUD.

After that, headed back to GP campus to catch the bus back to KG. Met Jess and Aunhild there again, they were also headed to KG to check out CLV. So got them back to CLV and showed them to the admin.

Left Jess and Aunhild looking at an apartment(same floor as mine. dunno if Aunhild will take it)
And went for a shower.

Went for dinner at around 7.30pm Brisbane time. Was already dark tho. Almost like 8pm or 9pm Malaysian time. Went for dinner at Kasiim's Kebab again. Had almost the same thing. XD
cost me 13.20AUD this time. Cos I ordered a hot Green Tea to go with it.

After that, I stopped by Woolie's and got myself a waterfilter jug. So I didn't have to boil my water or buy bottled water everytime I wanted a drink. cost around 22.95 for the whole thing. But I guessed it's worth it just to save on bottled water and electricity(although I don't pay for electric bills)

Went back to the apartment. Found Tim preparing dinner for himself and Jo. We talked a computers for a bit. Then I went back down to do some blogging and some computer stuff. While I was doing that, Jo showed up. They were eating and stuff, so I went up and had a little chat with em while they were eating. Jo apparently doesn't like butter with her bread.

So we talked... found out that they're Christian! Yay! And they go to an AOG branch or something thats nearby. So they invited me out for church on Sunday. I couldn't get ahold of Uncle Cheng Ghee's relative, so I guess God was in control of the situation and brought me to these guys. Talked a bit more and then decided to clean out the fridge on Friday after breakfast. Jo said Tim's cousin was next door, and Tim decided to invite all of us to breakfast at a local cafe. Nice guy right? XD

So went downstairs after Tim showed Jo out, and went to chat with mom and dad. For some reason, I couldn't connect with them on MSN so it was a bummer.

After doing some last minute stuff, I went to bed. So tired...

End of Day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment