Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 7 and Day 8

Day 7 (14th July)

Today woke up on time thank God. Actually woke up slightly earlier.... at 4am... =.=
Thanks to one of my roommates playing his music at that time. The walls are pretty thin, and since his music is the doom doom doom music, it goes right through the walls...

Heck, even if someone talks loudly I can hear them through the wall. So I wake up and tell him to at least use headphones in the wee hours of the morning.... He took it well, at least.

Went back to sleep again until 7am. This time I'm woken up by the alarm. Shower, brush, and comb. Going to uni. Met Taka on the bus again, he seems to think I'm his guardian angel or something, that I'm helping him. I tell him its only coincidence. Duh... Either that or we think pretty much alike. XD

So I go for the orientation stuff. Not very interesting. I do my best to take in everything. Find out that I have some courses that clash, must email the lecturer to deal with the problem and that I do. Thursday I meet with course coordinator to consult with him regarding Security related course units.

During the break, I meet with Fiona(Singaporean) and Desi(Australian) who are studying in Business: Finance. Okay duo. Fiona is a cool and trendy girl, and Desi is pretty knowledgeable about the area here, seeing that he's lived here for most of his life.

So after that I went to the East West Eats thing and go to "Chinatown". This isn't really chinatown, but a place where a lot of asian stores do open. So I see a "Yuen's Market" that apparently sell Chinese/Malaysian foodstuffs. Should go and check it out.

I come home and rest at around 8something pm. Another long day tomorrow.





Day 8 (15th July)

I wake up at 7am again. At least today my roommate only plays his music after I'm awake. I wash up and shower, and then.......... discover that the activity I signed up for only starts at 10am... -.-

I wake up 2 hours early for naught. Well, at least I can have a leisurely breakfast. So I check some stuff on QUT Virtual and then go and meet the bus. Again, I meet Taka. This is pushing coincidence a little too far...

We get to uni and we go up to the arranged lecture hall together. On the way, we meet Sachiko, that Japanese girl who is studying nursing.

So, the lecture was interesting. Academic writing.... Note to self: REALLY IMPORTANT!!!XD

I get off and go out early(12pm). I stop at the junction of L block to get me a beef pie. Couldn't resist. Smelt soooo good....

After that went down to the refectory area, and met Fiona and Desi together. Hrmm... Is there something going on there? XD

We chat, and we're eventually joined by Taka and Ting Juan(Malaysian, doing Bachelor of Science - Chemistry)

We chat some more, and Fiona's parents show up just in time for the free(business students only) lunch.

I leave at around 1245pm cos I have another event at 1pm(learn about student e-portfolio). I go to the assigned computer lab, and wait...



and wait...



and wait...



and wait...



for almost 45 minutes.

When the activity facilitators finally show, they explained that they got the time wrong, they a message saying the activity was at 2pm instead of 1pm.

So we get down to business. Not that difficult. In fact, it's pretty much like a blog, but for academic stuff. Pretty useful. I can upload digital copies of my Certs and academic qualifications plus other stuff that might come in handy when I wanna search for a job. It includes tools like resume builder and other stuff.

I go for a QUT Blackboard tutorial thing next. Its pretty much a teaching tool, allows students to download course notes and stuff. Pretty important. Usage seems rather straightforward.

I seem to have glitched the Blackboard system by enrolling for a community(sort of like a group) thing which only staff are supposed to have access. Not my fault, I wanted to find something to do with Information Security, and how was I supposed to know that a "staff only access" group would show up and that I was able to enrol in it. So I tell the Tutorial guy, and he said he'll get on the problem and he'll email me if anything turns up.

I go back to CLV and guess what, I have a Facebook message from Jimmy Teoh(Uncle Cheng Ghee's brother)

I call him and we made an appointment on Friday for lunch. He's taking me to the authentic Chinatown, Sunnybank. (No idea where that is....) I hear the place I went yesterday was in a seedier part of Brisbane, lots of adult entertainment clubs and so on.

So, now, I'm going to eat dinner and then watch State of Origin(Australian football game between Queensland state and New South Wales) on TV. We've already won twice, but this will be the 'icing on the cake' third time.

My gosh, its only been 6 days and I'm already saying 'we' as regards to Queenslanders. XD

Seeya later.
Cheers.


P.S. I might update once in 2 or 3 days once classes begin, cos I'll be doing assignments/homework/studying and probably be busy kinda thing. Post some comments people!!!!! I dare ya!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the

    wait...

    and wait...

    and wait...

    and wait ....

    part. :) Not that you had to wait but how you expressed it.

    ReplyDelete