Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 10

Day 10(17th July)

So.... Day 10, I wake up in the morning at around 10am and have my breakfast. A light one though, because Uncle Jimmy is coming round to take me for a little lunch.

To kill time until then, I decide to catch up on some of the TV programs I missed while I was in Malaysia, namely Stargate SG-1.

In short order, Uncle Jimmy calls and tells me that "they" are downstairs. I wonder who the others might be. Turns out that Uncle Jimmy is accompanied by Uncle Richard Lim, his colleague and partner as well as brother in Christ.

So I get in their car and we go for lunch at that place nearby called Little Lily. It's a Thai/Japanese restaurant that I told you about in one of my earlier blog posts.

So as we eat lunch, we chat a little, and I find out that Uncle Richard is also an IT graduate that is now working with Uncle Jimmy in Real Estate and Development. So after lunch, I show them around the apartment, so they can see what I've been describing in our chat in the restaurant.

Basically thats about it. We seperate from there, and Uncles Jimmy and Richard tell me to call them if I need anything.

I go back to my room, and continue watching my TV series while looking up the require textbooks for my subjects, I'll go and buy them at the secondhand bookshop on Monday.

Before I know it, It's 6pm... and suddenly, the Fire Alarm rings:
Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! "Please Evacuate the Building..."

And so I do. I use the fire stairs to walk down to the designated assembly area to wait for the fire department...



They get here pretty fast. About 3 minutes response time(more or less... I wasn't really timing them)

They search the building but find no trace of fire(I kinda guessed it was a false alarm, because there was no smoke smell or anything...)

So they leave, and we go back to the rooms. At dinner, I heat up some of the leftovers from lunch at Little Lily to eat, and at the same time, find that the toaster is missing. I saw Osama and a friend of his toting some stuff down to a car, maybe Osama is moving out? I see some other stuffs missing from the toilets as well. But his toothbrush(at least I think its his) and razor are still here.

Whew! a little excitement in the evening tonight, what with the fire drill and all.

I text with Leh Roo and chat with Illy. (Not much though, before I know it, its time to sleep. 1am)

Cheers. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment