Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day 11 & Day 12

Day 11(18th July)

Nothing much today. I wake up at around 10am. Wash up and shower... Hrmm... seems to be a routine with me. XD

I get some breakfast and go for a walk around the area. Lookie here... Soon as I step out of the hostel area, I run smack into a... pasar malam????

Only......... one problem. It's not Malaysia, and... It's not "malam" XD
I'll attach a picture now and add more in a seperate blog post next week so you folks at home can see it...

Alright....
That's the picture, but it cannot compare to the actual thing, the hustle and bustle of the crowd, the smell of the various kinds of food in the air(fresh wood-oven baked bread, pizza, roasting chicken, etc. etc. etc.), the clamor of the vendors yelling out their wares, the chinese guy asking whether I'd like to buy:

"Mandarin Orange! Very cheep! Onni wan daular nintee faiv sent!"

With that paragraph, you probably get the picture.

Oh... I almost forgot. About halfway through the 50 meter gauntlet that comprises the "day market", I run across this guy:



The one man band. Cool huh! XD
He's a real showman alright, and even got that patter that street performers usually have.

I'm starting to think that here in Brisbane there's a whole complete culture of street performers, buskers, and what-have-yous.

That's pretty much all I did today, went back to the room and did some reading on what textbooks I should get. Came out about 5pm to have a little walk around again. That's it.





Day 12(19th July)

Wake up at 8am... Got a knock on my door from Tim who wants to know whether I still wanna go to church with him and Jo. I still do and I say as much to him. I perform morning ablutions and then have a breakfast of toast. No time for hard boil eggs or anything fancier.

We leave at 9.30am(something to that effect, wasn't really looking at my watch) for church.

After the service, Jo and Tim drop me off at CLV and they go off somewhere doing whatever they do together. XD

I spend the rest of my day surfing the net and hearing banging and moving about generally happening next door in Osama's room.

So when the coast is clear(I really don't like the guy...) I go out and find that his stuff is sitting in a trolley outside his room. I guess he is moving out after all.

I have some dinner, and then I meet Kate, who's back from vacation. I help her carry one of her bags up to her room, and then duck back into mine to write about it. XD

I'm going to bed soon... Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment