Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 3

Day 3 (1oth July 2009) - From here on I'll be omitting the year, as it is redundant data. XD

Woke up in the morning, Osama's(YES it IS his real name) blasting his music out going, "DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM! DOOM!"

Well, it was only for a little while, he went out shortly after, and I was getting up anyways. Free wake up call. XD

So I got a shower and stuff. Still cold. But at least I have a nice toasty warm heated room to get back to after I towel off. So I check some mails and I've got one from Takanori Nakai, that Japanese guy I met yesterday. He's coming over to visit at around 1pm.

As I shut down my computer, there's a knock on the door. It's Tim, asking whether I still wanna go for breakfast with him, Jo and the cousin. I say its all good. I'm all ready after all.

So after a few minutes we go out and meet the cousin, name of Justin. Also a student at QUT, he lives next door to us. How convenient! New friends new friends! So we all go downstairs to meet Jo, she's just driven in from home. We walk to this coffee house nearby, chatting all the while.

Ai... I forget to take pictures of the food at breakfast... as I type this I just remember... So we were chatting about a lot of stuff, about a whole range of topics. I found out the Tim doesn't really like mushrooms. XD

He says that they smell. I don't really get it though, its button mushrooms that are on his plate and they hardly have any smell or taste.

Justin is a coffee connoisseur and is addicted to the stuff. He drinks three cups a day. Is that a lot? I guess he's something like my dad, he gets withdrawal symptoms too if he doesn't take his daily cuppa.

So after breakfast, with all of us stuffed, we walk back up to CLV and say goodbye to Jo who has to leave for work. Then... It's down to business. The three of us, go down to Woolie's to buy us some garbage bags for the real serious work.

So, armed with garbage bags, we head for the kitchen for the perilous task of... cleaning the fridge. Apparently some of the roomies here aren't as nice as Tim. And they leave behind a lot of stuff in the fridge when they go, dirty the kitchen stove, don't clean anything, etc.

And so, the honor falls to us, as in Tim and Me to clean...

So we start by doing the cupboards and when we're finished there're about 4 bags... 4 big bags of garbage that nobody wants... Inclusive of sauces in packets from who knows when, open bags of chips from who knows when, Biscuits and flour that have been sitting there for who knows when... You get the picture.

So, about when we finish the cupboards and stuff, Taka arrives. Just in time to help us beard the lion in his den.

We open the fridge and Taka goes, OMG. Understandable. It was my reaction. XD

Yea so we start. We chuck out most of the stuff, dismantling the inside of the fridge bit by bit as we do so. Tim washes the pieces of fridge, I wipe the inside of the fridge, and Taka throws out the bits and pieces of rotten/spoiled/otherwise inedible food.

So we work, and we work... and we work... and we work... rinse and repeat... for 2 hours. Pics of work next...

First exhibit... Tim and the Corn that was.




Me and Taka with ex-avocado and ex-tomato




Taka dancing with his chilli friends... XD


Rockvocado and Wiltedcabbage

The Avocado in the last picture with Taka was as hard as rock. We could bounce it off the carpet in the common room. The wilted cabbage was well... wilted. Hardly even recognizable anymore. It's either cabbage or lettuce. Lol! XD

At the end... we have about 10 bags of garbage... Here's a photo of the complete pile of garbage in two trolleys...

Check it out. The two trolleys full of black bags...


Behold the clean fridge!


I accidently deleted the before picture... darn. Should have kept multiples. But anyways the fridge is clean now so I can buy groceries... XD

After that took a little rest and went out for dinner with Taka. Went to the fish place nearby CLV. It's called... I don't remember but I'll update. Here's the picture of what I had, before and after.

Grilled Cod with Fries and Greek Salad



Empty Plate... Yum Yum

So that's all for tonight. I think I'll head off to bed. XD

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment